Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just Buggin Blog Hop Challenge



Here's #2 on the challenge list. This challenge was to take ANY die-cut and alter it. I have two. I have been working on a fall page for a swap and this challenge inspired me to get moving on the embellishments for it.

The first is a pumpkin cut from the Happily Ever After cartridge. To alter it, I also cut an oval, inked all the edges and placed the oval in the middle before I glued down the stem.

The second is a sunflower I created in SCAL by welding a spade and a rectangle together. All the little petals are made individually and inked. The 1" circle in the center is embossed with the swiss dots folder. Taadaaa, sunflower!!

Ok, off to the next challenge. I think I'll get these embellishments totally done so I can finish the layout totally because Practical Scrappers challenge is to use dies cuts.

Off I go......

3 comments:

  1. WOW - that is an awesome LO!!!! Thanks for sharing it! I just added you to my favorites list - can't wait to see what else you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shading/inking technique. It is very clean!! Great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blessed enough to be in the swap and received these pages!! Thanks again Wendy! Pure works of ART!

    ReplyDelete